Last week I made a trip to Desert Industries (DI) and found a few really awesome finds. I wasn’t really looking for anything in particular, just something that jumped out at me. I left DI with a pot, 2 brand new foam balls, a wicker “suitcase,” and a wooden letter “G.” I spent a total of $8. Score!!
The letter “G” was $0.50 and in super condition…just not quite the right color. Why do I need a letter “G” you ask? One of my besties just found out that she is having a little baby girl in December and her name will be Grace. Since Grace won’t be here for a while, I have some time to shop/thrift around to find her gifts to remake. The letter “G” is a perfect gift for her nursery decor!!
- I wiped down the wooden, lavender “G” and sprayed it with primer.
- After the primer dried, I gave the “G” 2 coats of Ballet Slipper Pink of spray paint by Krylon. Once the pink was dry, I used my sponge brush and painted the “G” with 2 coats of Parakeet Green acrylic paint by Apple Berry.
- I lightly sanded the “G” once the green dried. I wanted the pink to “peek” through the green.
- I wiped it all down to make sure the dust was gone and sprayed the “G” with a clear, glossy top coat.
- I added a flower with a rhinestone center and some ribbon for that girly bling.
Done! Didn’t take too long and the total project cost me $0.50 because I had everything else in my craft supplies. Inexpensive, one-of-a-kind, and handmade. Can’t get better than that!
So cute! I love the way it turned out. I know my friend will find the perfect place in Grace’s nursery for it.
I’m linking up with these fun parties!
Mad in Crafts
Sumo’s Sweet Stuff
Bargain Shopping Paradise
Night Owl Crafts
Fireflies and Jellybeans
The Shabby Chic Cottage
A Few of My Favorite Things
Under the Table and Dreaming
I Heart Naptime
Funky Junk Interiors