Welcome to Mine for the Making’s 2nd Food-a-licious Friday! Today I am going to share a very easy recipe for Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo. Yum!! This recipe is courtesy of the Mr. :)
What you will need:
-one boneless, skinless chicken breast per person
-fettuccine pasta (1/4 ounce/package per person…give or take a little)
-5 to 6 tbsp olive oil
-italian seasoning, onion powder, salt, pepper to taste
-1/4 tsp minced garlic
-Parmasan to taste after cooked
-jar of your fave alfredo sauce (I use Classico Roasted Pepper Alfredo or Classico Roasted Garlic Alfredo)
*Or if you want to go all out…you can make homemade alfredo sauce comparable to the alfredo in the jar.
For the homemade Alfredo sauce:
-1 quart of heavy whipping cream
-1/2 stick of butter
-1 cup of fresh mozzarella or Parmesan cheese. *Dry/powdered Parmesan will not work!
*For roasted bell pepper alfredo, add 1/4 of a minced/pureed bell pepper
*For roasted garlic alfredo, add 1 clove minced/pureed
* 4 tbsp olive oil if you are using bell pepper or garlic
For the fettuccine pasta:
1. When water is boiling, season with salt
2. Add pasta
3. Boil until tender
4. Rinse in cold water
*If you don’t rinse your noodles in cold water, they will continue to cook while you are preparing the chicken and Alfredo.
Cooking the chicken:
1. Set your stove top on high and add olive oil to your pan
2. Once oil is hot, add minced garlic *Don’t let the garlic sit too long! Keep it moving or it will burn and ruin the flavor!
3. Cut chicken into cutlet strips about an inch wide *or you can buy them pre-cut
4. Sear chicken strips in the olive oil/garlic mixture
5. Season the chicken with salt, pepper, italian seasoning, onion powder, and lightly with Parmesan cheese. *Powdered Parmesan cheese will work for this step!
6. Cook until golden brown and flip
7. Repeat seasoning
8. Add jarred alfredo sauce
To make homemade Alfredo sauce:
1. Pour quart of heavy cream into small pot on the stove (medium high)
2. Thicken heavy cream by reduction (thickening a liquid by heat and stirring)
*Keep the cream moving!
3. Stir in butter until melted
4. Stir in cheese until melted
5. Take off of heat
6. Continue stirring. As the sauce cools, it will thicken.
7. Add Alfredo sauce to chicken and continue cooking until Alfredo sauce is warm.When it’s bubbling, it’s ready!
*If you want to make the Roasted Bell Pepper or Garlic Alfredo sauce, then the FIRST step would be sauteing the bell pepper/garlic before adding the heavy cream.
Serve chicken and Alfredo sauce over the fettuccine pasta. Enjoy!!!