I decided to take a break from all of the chicken recipes I have been posting lately and give you a super easy, no bake dessert recipe. Sounds good so far, right? What if I told you that this dessert has peanut butter, butterscotch, and chocolate in it…sound even better? I found this recipe on Becky Higgins’ blog and am so thankful I did. It is one of my very favorite dessert recipes and I am sure you will feel the same way :)
-1 c. light Karo syrup
-1 c. sugar
-1 c. peanuts (not chopped)
-1 c. peanut butter
-3 c. Rice Krispies
-one 12oz pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
-one 12oz pkg. butterscotch chips
1. Stir together sugar and Karo syrup and microwave for 2 min.
2. Add peanuts and peanut butter, stir, and microwave for 1 min.
3. Stir in Rice Krispies until everything in your mixing bowl is combined really well.
4. Spread out into a greased pan.
5. In a separate mixing bowl, microwave the chocolate chips (on the bottom) and butterscotch chips for 2 min.
6. Stir chips and pour over the mixture in your pan.
7. Put in refrigerator to cool.
8. Remove and cut into 1 in. x 1 in. squares.
9. Gobble them up…and don’t forget to share them! :)
You may need a certified spatula-licker to help you clean up the mess…
My Little Lu definitely approves :)
I made this DELICIOUS dessert for one of my favorite people…it was my very dear friend’s birthday and she quickly picked the O’Henry Bars as her birthday dessert :) I can’t say I blame her…
There you have it, my bloggy friends! Thank you for joining me for another Food-a-licious Friday! Join me next Friday for another delicious recipe to add to your recipe stash!
I am linking this up to the fab linky parties that are listed in the “Linky Parties” tab at the top of my page. Swing by the parties to get more great recipes, ideas for crafts, and super awesome DIY projects!