Welcome to another Food-a-licous Friday, bloggy friends! It is FINALLY cooling down here in sunny Arizona and boy am I thankful. I feel like this was the longest summer of my life. :)
With the cooler weather comes LOTS of crockpot recipes in our home. One of my faves is Creamy Potato Soup. YUMMO! I shared this waaaaaaaay back when I started my blog, so I thought we could revisit this recipe. I know you will just LOVE it :)
Creamy Potato Soup
- 5 green onions chopped
- 5 large red potatoes cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1 can Cream of Celery soup
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 can evaporated milk (I used non fat)
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used mixed cheeses)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- salt, pepper, onion powder
- 6 pieces of cooked bacon, chopped (I used turkey bacon)
- Pour Cream of Celery soup, chicken broth, evaporated milk, and hot water into crock pot.
- Whisk together well.
- Add all veggies and seasonings ( including bay leaf). Stir.
- Set crock pot to low and cook for 5-7 hours.
- Once veggies are soft, pull out bay leaf and blend 4 cups of the soup until smooth. You can use a blender, food processor, or a immersion blender (I poured the 4 cups into a mixing bowl and used the immersion blender until smooth).
- Add blended soup back to the rest left in the crock pot.
- Add the cheese to the soup and stir.
- Serve in a bowl and top with shredded cheese, chopped bacon, and bread for dipping (we had Asiago Cheese Bread).
Thanks again for stopping by! You always make my day :) I hope everyone has a safe and fun-filled Halloween weekend!
I will be linking this recipe to some of these super parties. Join me!