I am SO SO excited for Food-a-licious Friday!! I have been looking forward to this allllllll week! Guess who has come by for a visit……
Crazy Aunt M’s Chili Brie
- 1 Round of Sourdough Bread (unsliced)
- 8+ ounces of Brie
- 1-2 TBLSPN of butter, softened
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine spices and set aside
- Cut a circle in the top of the bread and remove. You can also pull out some of the bread from around the sides..you are basically making a bowl.
- Slice the bread off the top/lid, so that is is just about 1″ +/- thick. You just want it to be a lid.
- Spread the butter all around the “bowl” and on the bottom of the lid.
- Sprinkle the spice mixture all around the inside of the bowl and the lid (where you buttered). Do this liberally.
- Remove the rind from the brie
- Place brie inside the “bowl.”
- Sprinkle the top of the brie with any remaining spices.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes (sometimes longer, just until the cheese melts)
- This can also be made in a 8 x 8 baking dish (if you cannot find or don’t feel like hollowing out a sourdough round). Spread/Rub the butter on the sides of the dish and then sprinkle the sides with the spice mixture, leaving some to sprinkle on top of the brie.
- This can be prepared ahead of time. I do everything the night before (if I know I am going to be busy getting ready for a party, etc.) and put it in the refrigerator. I take the loaf out about 30 minutes or so prior to putting it in the oven. Then, toss it in the oven and voila, 30 minutes later…heaven!
- I like to use the wheels of brie for this. They usually fit in the “bowl” perfectly.
Don’t you just love Holly?! And what a great recipe for the holidays! I can’t wait to make it for Thanksgiving :)
504 Main is a weekly (sometimes daily!) read for me! Such wonderful inspiration can be found over at Holly’s…stop by and take a look-see!