Happy Friday friends!!
Today I am sharing a recipe for Devil’s Food Cake that I found of FoodNetwork.com. I used the recipe to make spring cupcakes for my daughter and her preschool friends. I dressed them up a bit for spring!
Ingredients for cupcakes:
- 2 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more for the pans
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup nonalkalized cocoa powder (not Dutch-processed)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup milk
Ingredients for cupcake decorating:
- crushed Oreos (I used peanut butter Oreos)
- gummy worms
- favorite frosting (I used whipped cream cheese frosting)
To make the Devil’s Food Cake, click here.
To decorate the cupcakes:
1. Put half a package of Oreos into a baggy. Use a rolling pin to crush the Oreos. Put crushed Oreos in a bowl.
2. Frost the cooled cupcakes with your favorite frosting.
3. Dip cupcakes into crushed Oreo bowl, frosting down.
4. Top cupcakes with a gummy worm.
So fun and so simple! The kiddos LOVED these.
Inspiration for these cupcakes?
A few things…
My daughter asked me to make her and her friends cupcakes…
And these Dirt Cups!
I also made a few cupcakes with leftover sprinkles from my daughter’s birthday cupcakes.
I may or may not have had one…or two…
No shame here, people! : )
Thanks for stopping by!