I love Spring and I am so ready for it – green grass, sunny days, blooming flowers – they all make me h-a-p-p-y! But before I go further, let me introduce myself…I am Holly and I typically can be found hanging out on Main Street – 504 Main that is…and I also hang out at The DIY Club. I am beyond excited to be a part of Kara’s Spring Fling! I do all kinds of crafting and DIYing over there (I also cook, bake, and chat about other fun stuff) so come on by and say hi later.
I like to dabble in all types of crafts and art project. I am currently on a mixed media kick! I love textures and layers and color so I thought I would go for a vivid, springy piece of art for my daughter. It is bright and happy and makes me smile…hope it makes you smile too!
Best part, there is no right or wrong…
it is ART.
Every stroke of the brush
makes it yours and original!
- Canvas, any size. Mine is 9 x 12
- DecoArt American Acrylic Paint: Bahama Blue, white, green (3 shades or 1 shade and add white for different colors), yellow
- Glazing Medium (DecoArt)
- Snow-Tex (DecoArt)
- Glamour Dust (Glamour Dust) or Glitter and/or seed beads (buttons will work for some of this too)
- Green tissue or scrapbook paper
- Scrap book paper for flowers (your choice of color)
- yarn or ribbon
- Foam brush
- Paint brush
- Palette knife (for Snow-Tex…I used my fingers, but I like to get involved)