Hi there friends! Today I am going to share a great summer time meal that uses the crockpot to cut back on heating up your house…BBQ Chicken Sliders. Yum! This meal is great served with mac-n-cheese, pasta salad, potato salad, fruit salad, chips, fries, coleslaw… and the list goes on.
What you will need:
-Large dinner rolls
(I buy a bag of 15 from the bakery section of my grocery store)
-boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 per person)
-1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
-1 tsp minced garlic
-1 tsp onion powder
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp black pepper
-1 tsp lime juice
-1 drop liquid smoke
-1 serrano pepper (de-seeded & minced)
-1 cup ketchup
-1/2 cup terriyaki sauce
-1/2 cup mustard
-1/2 cup soy sauce
-1/2 cup water
-1/2 cup brown sugar
1. Defrost chicken breasts
2. spray inside of crockpot with cooking spray
3. place chicken breasts in crockpot and cover. Cook on low for 3 hours or high for 1-1 1/2 hours.
4. Right after you place chicken in crockpot, start preparing BBQ sauce by putting all ingredients into a blender.
5. Pour BBQ sauce over the chicken in the crockpot (just enough to lightly cover the chicken).
6. When chicken is done cooking, shred with a fork and tongs in the crockpot. This is SUPER easy…the chicken is so tender and juicy.
7. Put BBQ chicken in the large dinner rolls and viola… you have BBQ Chicken Sliders!
*Save your left over BBQ sauce in the fridge for other meals!
*Save your left over BBQ shredded chicken for a BBQ chicken salad! (recipe coming next week!).
Thank you so much for stopping by!
Enjoy your Friday! I know I am!!
If you have a recipe you would like to share with MFTM readers, please send me an email! We would LOVE to have you for Food-a-licious Friday!