You read it right.
Creamy Tomato Soup and Avocado Grilled Cheese
Is your mouth watering?
I’m hungry just typing it!
I’ve always wanted to make my own tomato soup…something easy that I could throw together in a crockpot (like I do most of my soups). And what better to go with tomato soup than a grilled cheese sandwich?! Just add a little avocado and you are GOOD.TO.GO!
Let’s get started with today’s recipe…
1 LARGE can of whole, peeled tomatoes in juice
1 (15 oz) can of Italian diced tomatoes
1/2 block of cream cheese
4 cups of veggie or chicken stock/broth
2-3 cups of water
1/4 cup parmasan cheese
salt, pepper, basil, Italian seasoning to taste
1. Combine all ingredients (except for cheeses and water) into the crockpot. Cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 5. Add water to the soup as needed.
2. An hour before serving, add in the cream cheese and parmasan cheese and stir.
3. Use an immersion blender (if you don’t have this tool, get one!) to smooth out your soup and really mix up the cheeses.
4. Continue to cook on low for another 15-20 minutes with the lid off of the crockpot (to let thicken).
5. Serve in a bowl with shredded cheese on top (parmasan, Italian blend, or mozzarella).
*Be sure to taste your soup as you go so that you can add seasonings/water as needed.*
1. Spread butter on the outside of 2 slices of bread.
2. Shake parmasan cheese onto the buttered sides of the bread and pat down gently with your hand.
3. Put one piece of bread (butter down) into a hot frying pan, then lay a slice of cheese on top, then the sliced avocado, then the last piece of bread (butter side up).
4. After the first side of the sandwich is light brown, flip to let the other side cook.
5. Cut in half and serve with the Creamy Tomato Soup.
SO GOOD and so simple.
I was able to make the sandwiches while the soup finished up cooking/thickening.
Such a great meal and the whole family enjoyed it.
Do you like using your crockpot to make meals?
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I hope this recipe becomes one of your family favorites as it became one of ours.
Don’t forget about the awesome giveaway going on! It closes Sunday, so click on over to enter!!