Hey there, friends!
I’m sharing a fun and simple piece of holiday decor today…something you can keep up all winter if you want!
We made this during my last MFTM Craft Class and it was a hit!
Don’t you just love him?!
7-9 inch block (2×4 piece of wood, cut & sanded)
White, black, and orange paint
Snow texture paint
2 inch strip of felt or other material
Paint brush (thin)
Hot glue gun and sticks
1. Using your sponge brush, paint your entire block white and allow dry time. You can do several coats depending on how white you want it.
2. Time to paint the face! You can draw it with a pencil first if that makes it easier. I use the tip on the back end of my paint brush to do the eyes.
3. Tie your snowman’s scarf on.
4. Hot glue the buttons onto your snowman (I only did two but you can do as many as you want!)
5. Use your sponge brush to add on the snow texture paint. You kind of pile it on and then spread it out (like icing) on your block. We put the snow texture paint on the top of the block, a little along the sides, and some at the bottom of the block. It takes a while to dry, so be prepared for that.
Some of the girls added felt hats and ear muffs (made using buttons and ribbon). One of my friends even made snowman block families as gifts this year. LOVE the creativity we all have and can share with others.
Thanks for stopping by today!
See you tomorrow for our weekly DIY Diva Thursdays fashion party!