I’m stopping by today to share another fun Valentine’s Day craft with you today.
I’m all about making my own holiday decor (unless I find something super duper cute on clearance after the holiday is over) without breaking my bank. I save my coupons, check the dollar store and dollar bins, and I keep my eyes pealed for clearance items. I followed all 3 of these “rules” when shopping for this project’s supplies.
It’s just screams “Valentine’s Day,” doesn’t it?
(Hobby Lobby $2.50 – 40% off coupon)
(Michael’s on clearance for $1.99 per 2 pack)
(had on hand, but you can purchase from Target dollar spot)
Glass candle stick holder
(had on hand, but can be found in dollar bins)
Hot glue gun & sticks
1. Cover the cardboard mailbox with washi tape, trimming as needed with your scissors and Xacto knife.
2. Add ribbon and rhinestones using your hot glue gun.
3. Hot glue the candle stick holder to the bottom of the mailbox and allow dry time.
4. Paint over the washi tape with Mod Podge to seal everything nicely. Allow dry time.
5. Wrap baker’s twine around the mailbox and finish with a bow.
My total cost for this project:
I added faux love letters to our mailbox, but you can have your kids/spouse add love notes throughout the month and then open them all on Valentine’s Day! So fun.
Thank you for stopping by today, friends!