Welcome to another Tot School Tuesday! We are so glad you could stop by!
Today I am going to be sharing a fun and patriotic craft to do with the kiddos. The Hand Print Flag Shirt is perfect to make for the Fourth of July and really doesn’t take too much time to make at all. It’s a fun craft for tots and the older kiddos will want to join in on the fun too!
I made these shirts years ago with my preschoolers for Veteran’s Day and we’ve also painted this onto canvases during summer camp too. Are you ready to get started?
Blue and red fabric paint
Silver glitter puff paint
*The age of your little one will determine the amount of help and assistance they will need with this project. My 5 year old need very little help.*
1. Paint your kiddo’s left hand blue…be generous with the paint. The more the merrier.
2. Place hand straight down on the left side of the shirt, near the top.
3. Carefully lift hand straight up and wash.
4. With a paint brush, your kiddo will paint red horizontal lines coming off of the blue hand print. We made 4 stripes but depending on the length of the shirt and the size of the paint brush you are using, you may do more.
5. Once the blue hand print is dry, your kiddo will using the puff paint to make dots. I had my daughter practice on a paper plate first.
6. Allow the shirt to dry and it’s ready to wear!
Place the cardboard inside of the shirt to prevent the paint from bleeding through.
Use an old white shirt! We used one that had a small stain on the front…covered it right up with a little paint.
Have your kiddo wear an art smock or apron to prevent paint on other clothing.
Wash shirt inside out.
You can use regular craft paint for this project as long as you add fabric medium to the paint first.
If you are worried about a mess, paint outside!
Cute right? My little artist was pretty proud of her shirt. She’s very excited to wear it for Fourth of July!
Thanks for stopping by today friends! Be sure to check out my sweet friend See Vanessa Craft
for more Tot School ideas! And you can even link up your kid-friendly ideas below! We can’t wait to feature you on our social media pages.