The other day I shared on Instagram and Facebook that I had made the most divine Gluten Free Homemade Macaroni and Cheese for the very first time. I was super proud of myself, as we are a household of pasta lovers and macaroni and cheese is a go-to meal of mine. I’m sharing the recipe here for my gluten free friends. And if you aren’t gluten free, you can substitute whatever pasta shells you’d like.
- Box of gluten free macaroni
- 3/4 cup coconut or almond milk
- 1/4 cup butter or substitute (coconut oil)
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup light cream cheese
- 2 heaping tablespoons of parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to box instructions, rinse and leave in strainer.
- Simmer butter, milk, and garlic in the pot and reduce.
- Stir in the cheeses and cook until melted.
- Add in the pasta and remove from heat.
- Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- If you are not on a gluten free diet, feel free to substitute the pasta with whatever pasta you like.
Have a great weekend and I will see you on Monday!