Here’s the deal. I’ve been gluten free for almost a year now but I’ll be honest and tell you that I miss bread. It’s delicious comfort food. Wouldn’t you agree? And up until this past week, I haven’t attempted to make any gluten free breads. Lucky for me, I had 3 over ripe bananas on my counter just begging to become something amazing… like Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread.
I was so nervous to try out a gluten free bread recipe, but it turned out so SO good that I just have to share it with you. The only I change I would make next time around is to use mini chocolate chips so that they don’t sink to the bottom, although the chocolate ‘crust’ was super tasty as well.
It was so moist and so flavorful… I have to admit that I was super impressed with myself! I had to eat 2 slices right away. And it was a hit with the rest of the family too! You know what this means… more gluten free bread baking is in my future.
Ready for the recipe? Here ya go friends!
- 3 over ripe bananas
- 2 cups gluten free flour mix
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- splash of apple juice
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350*
- In a large mixing bowl, mix sugar and coconut oil.
- Add eggs, vanilla and bananas and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix all dry ingredients and then mix into the wet ingredients.
- Add the chocolate chip last OR sprinkle them in after the bread bakes for 15 minutes.
- Grease the loaf pan and flour the bottom.
- Pour mix in the pan and bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- You can also use 3 mini loaf. Bake for 40ish minutes.
- Check the loaf with a toothpick in the center to make sure it's finished baking.
Have a great weekend!!