Happy Friday, friends! If you know me, you know that my favorite date night is one that involves sushi. It’s a shared love my husband and I have…and we take it quite seriously. I’m so excited for the recipe that Erin of Crafty Auntie is sharing today… California Roll Bites! Can we say YUM?!
Many years ago when I was eating low-carb, I created a California Roll Salad because I could not stop craving actual California Rolls. The recipe has evolved a lot over time and my husband came up with the idea to make them individual servings. These are a great appetizer that doesn’t involve turning on the oven.
California Roll Bites (Makes about 24)
16 oz. package of flake style imitation crab
1 large cucumber
1 large Haas avocado
6 Tablespoons of dressing (recipe below)
½ cup Thousand Island dressing
½ T red wine vinegar
1 tsp chili garlic sauce, or more for an extra kick
½ T soy sauce
½ T lemon juice
1. Mix all of the dressing ingredients together and chill at least one hour. Overnight is best to enhance the flavor.
2. Finely chop the imitation crab by hand or in a food processor. I used the Manual Food Processor from The Pampered Chef.
3.Mix dressing into crab. I suggest starting with 6 tablespoons and then add more if necessary. Set aside.
4. Slice cucumber into ¼ inch pieces.
5. Mash avocado. Spread avocado generously on cucumber slice.
6. Top the avocado with the crab mix. (I used a small ice cream scoop.)
7. Place on a platter or cookie sheet and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
*If you would like to kick up the spice, add wasabi powder or paste to the avocado.
Don’t you want to eat them right now? I know I do!
Have a great weekend! Be sure to pin this recipe for later.