Happy Halloween friends!!
I’m stopping by quickly to share a new favorite recipe at hour house. Recently my daughter joined me on my gluten free journey so we have been adding recipes to our gluten free stock pile. One day she was craving donuts…and let’s be honest…who doesn’t crave a good donut? So we decided to make our very own, super duper Easy Gluten Free Pumpkin Donuts. They just sound delicious don’t they?
They look good too, don’t they? And trust me friends. They taste good too!
You will need:
- 1 box of yellow gluten free cake mix
- 1 can of pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp pumpkin spice creamer
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- a donut pan
- coconut oil (to grease the pan)
- powdered sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350* and grease the donut pan.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix all ingredients (except powdered sugar) together.
3. Put mix into a piping bag and pipe into the donut pan.
4. Bake in the oven for 13-15 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and allow time to cool.
6. Remove the donuts from the pan and dust the tops with powdered sugar.
This recipe is easy enough to let the kiddos help with. It’s a recipe I used in my kids’ cooking classes, and even the 3 year olds love it! Especially the piping and the dusting…those are always the favorite steps in this recipe.
A yummy cinnamon cream cheese frosting would be good on these too. And I dare you to just have one…it’s almost impossible.
Have a safe and magical Halloween, friends!