Hello friends and Happy Friday to you! Today I am going to be sharing a healthy recipe that your kids will love to help you with. Plus it’s a great way to squeeze in those vegetables that are so important. This recipe for Veggie Flats can be used as a meal, side to a meal, or even a healthy snack! It’s one of the many awesome recipes found in the Children’s Culinary Institute curriculum.
1 med head cauliflower
1 med head of broccoli
4 large eggs
1/4 cup chopped fresh spinach
2 tsp onion powder
2tsp. garlic powder
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Trim the cauliflower,and broccoli cut it into small, uniform pieces, and pulse in a food processor in batches until you get a couscous type consistency. The finely chopped veggies should make about 4 cups packed.
3. Place the fine veggies in a microwave-safe bowl with the chopped spinach and microwave for 4-6 minutes. Place the mixture in a fine cheesecloth or thin dishtowel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible, being careful not to burn yourself. Dishwashing gloves or nylon pot holder mitts are suggested as it is very hot.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs. Add in veggie mix , salt and pepper. Mix until well combined. Use your hands to shape 4-6 small round flats on the parchment paper.
5. Bake for 10 minutes, carefully flip each flat, and return to the oven for an additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until completely set. Place tortillas on a wire rack to cool slightly.
6. Heat a medium-sized skillet on medium. Place a baked flats in the pan, pressing down slightly, and brown for 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Repeat with remaining flats.