Hello Mine for the Making readers! The Oily Bee here to share more healthy, chemical free goodness with y’all this month.
One thing I can’t stand is washing my face right before bed. Can you relate? The entire process makes me not want to do it, because really I just want to get into bed. Plus, the sink gets all messy, my shirt gets soaked, and I don’t like feel like cleaning the sink right before bed! LIGHT BULB! DIY cleansing facial pads! Yes!
I’ve tried to use the store bought cleansing pads, but I haven’t found one I super like. I also don’t feel like using chemicals on my face. NO THANKS! So I decided to make my own, chemical free cleansing pads! It’s SUPER easy my friends! Lets get started.
– 4oz glass container (I got mine at Target at the dollar wheel!)
– Small squirt of Dr. Bronner’s Baby Mild Unscented Castile Soap (you can get at any Sprouts or Whole Foods store and Amazon)
– 1 tsp unscented or (MY FAVORITE) rose Witch Hazel
– 8 drops of Young Living Frankincense Essential Oil
– 2-3 drops of Young Living Manuka Essential Oil
– 1/4 cup of distilled water
– 15-20 exfoliating cotton rounds (purchased mine at Target)
Mix everything together really well in a glass measuring cup. This makes it easier to pour in your jar after. Fill your glass jar half way with the cotton rounds and slowly pour half of the mixture on top. Then add the rest of the rounds and continue to pour the rest of the mixture onto them as well. Seal your jar and let it sit for at least one hour before using. You want the mix to really soak into the rounds.
That’s it! Now you can make your own DIY Facial Cleansing Pads in just a few easy steps. No chemicals. No mess. I love the way Frankincense and Manuka work together to make my skin feel clean! And it makes washing your face before bed quick and easy…. perfect for the busy mom!
Until next time friends, stay happy, healthy, and chemical free!