Hello there, makers! As soon as fall hits, I’m all about the pumpkin. Pumpkin decor and pumpkin flavor. Gimme all the pumpkin.
I thought I would whip up a batch of our favorite cookies, but with a pumpkin twist. I was hoping they would turn out delicious, and they did. Say hello to these Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies!
They were fluffy and had the perfect combination of pumpkin and cinnamon mixed into a cookie. They are definitely a must try if you are a fan of pumpkin like myself.
Ready for the recipe?! I pretty much took my snickerdoodle cookie recipe and added some organic canned pumpkin to the mix.
- 3 3/4 cups flour (gluten free flour optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1. Mix dry ingredients in medium bowl (flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg).
- 2. In large bowl, mix butter, sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin, egg, and vanilla together.
- 3. Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Cover and place in fridge to chill for an hour minimum.
- 4. Preheat oven to 350* and in a shallow bowl mix coating ingredients together.
- 5. Roll dough into 1-1.5" balls and then roll in sugar/cinnamon/nutmeg coating. Place on greased baking sheet (or on parchment paper or a Silpat). Press lightly on dough balls to slightly flatten.
- 6. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and allow a few minutes to cool before removing them from the pan.
- 7. Enjoy!
- *Optional: Add a dash of pumpkin spice to coating mix for even more pumpkin flavor!
See you soon for a fun kids craft tutorial! Hope you’re having a great weekend.