Did you L.O.V.E. the week of giveaways?! Me too. If you haven’t entered yet, you still have time!
Thanks to all of the FABULOUS sponsors for their fun prizes.
Today I am going to share the cutest “pinspired” Valentine’s wreath I made last week with my cute friend, Michelle from Modern Martha Michelle. I tried tracking down the direct link for the similar wreath on Etsy to give the creator credit, but had no luck. It looks like the Etsy shop is closed and the link is ‘dead.’ If you happen to know the shop or creator of the original, let me know in the comments so I can link back to them for inspiring this craft! : )
Anyway, back to the tutorial for this wreath…
felt (2 colors)
marker or fabric pen
hot glue & gun
1. Wrap your wreath with yarn and tie end of yarn in a knot or secure the end with hot glue.
2. Trace your heart template on the felt and cut the hearts out. (I used 16 hearts or 8 of each color.)
3. Hot glue the hearts around the front of the wreath, in an upside down/right-side up pattern.
4. Hot glue the end of a new piece of yarn to the back of the wreath and wrap around the wreath, crossing over each of the felt hearts on the diagonal. (Don’t be too picky or you’ll be there all day. Am I right, or am I right Michelle?) When you get all the way around your wreath, cut the yarn and glue the end to the back of your wreath with hot glue.
5. Repeat step 4, but cross of the felt hearts along the other diagonal, forming a “X” over each heart. (You can manipulate the yarn “X’s” just by slightly moving the pieces of yarn once the wrapping/gluing is complete.)
6. Hang on your door, place on a mantle, or hang from a wreath post for all to admire. (I used a piece of ribbon to hang it from my front door.)
Not only am I happy how the wreath turned out, but I had so much fun crafting with Michelle while our kids played (again).
Proof I had fun…
(insert messy crafter)
Proof my mini had fun…
(insert exhausted kidlet)
Have a great weekend!
Check back next week for giveaway winners and more fun Valentine’s decor!
Linking up to these awesome parties :)